Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
What to Expect:
IRTC offers a Process Hazard Analysis. This includes inspecting for OSHA/EPA compliance, evaluation of possible safety and health effects, analysis of Engineering and Administrative controls.
- Walk-through the entire facility with the PHA team looking for safety concerns with an emphasis on the ammonia refrigeration system.
- Perform an on-site What-if/Checklist PHA for your Ammonia Refrigeration System. This will comply with the Five-Year Re-certification requirements of OSHA’s Process Safety Management and EPA’s Risk Management programs.
- Evaluate the range of possible safety and health effects on facility employees from failure of the ammonia system equipment or controls.
- Analyze the Engineering and Administrative controls applicable to the hazards and determine the consequences of failure of the controls.
- Evaluate External Events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, fire, snow, etc. to determine the impact these events could have on the system and recommend appropriate engineering and administrative controls.
- Evaluate Facility Siting, Human Factors, and Emergency Action/Response Plan to determine their impact on the safety of the system and recommend appropriate engineering and administrative controls.
- Provide a digital report of findingss and recommendations to address safety concers identified during the PHA.
- Provide follow-up consultation to discuss the findings of the inspection, along with next steps to correct any deficiencies.
Scope of services to be performed or supervised by a trained engineer knowledgeable in PHA methodologies.